Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Governors Island



Deep thoughts on the port.



Waiting for the ferry. Lucia is in a very weird stage (I hope that's what it is) where she likes to pull hair and just touch people. It was a very crowded ferry ride and she could not keep her hands off of the other passengers. There was this woman with long dreads sitting right there and Lulu kept tugging at (pulling) her hair and touching a few women with fanny packs and other children who were trying to shoo her away. Our efforts to reign her in were not working. One of the women turns around with kind of a mean face and says: "Your child is very tactile." Yes, that's right, she is tactile. I hope she gets out of this very "tactile" phase before we board a plane in a few days.



The Baradarans, plus Jared and the kids, minus Shima and add that little girl in the hat. And yes, I cut my hair.









On the left is a pirate ship and on the right is the statue of liberty.







Trying to feed dad flowers.







Rolling down the hill. Lucia is under Jared.



A two-kid roll.



Walking along the castle wall.

Then we went to battery park and enjoyed some dancing to Irish music:







There goes my tactile dog-lover.





And that was her wounded face after the dog jumped up at her.

6 comments:

noelle regina said...

exhibit A - you guys are weekend masters. i'm not sure how you pack so many wonderful outings into a fleeting few days, but it sure looks like fun. adorable kids and i LOVE the hair - like absolutely adore. it's stunning on you.

Marci + Dan said...

I love this post. I have always wanted to go to Govenor's Island - and now I'm inspired.

PS - forgot to tell you I love your haircut.

Ashley said...

Looking gorgeous as always...I love the hair, good choice. Looks like you guys are having fun. Makes me almost miss the city! I'll be there soon enough...

Brecken said...

These pictures make me want to move to the city! Fabulous hair.

alexandra said...

What a fun outing! I love that you guys are not afraid to get out and do these types of things, tactile toddlers and all. Your hair looks awesome. (You could probably make a shaven head look stylish.)

Beck said...

Doggone you have the best blog yet! As was stated be a previous blogger, you are weekend masters. I love learning about the tactile stage that LuLu is going through. You'll get to laugh at me when I go through it. But for now, I'm having fun laughing at you- I mean with you.