Sunday, July 05, 2009

Beach

Two Saturdays at the beach:


I think they are doing some beach yoga here.





Practicing her breathing.





It was cold this day, but it did not stop Jared, Ajay, and Angie from surfing. And the kids from playing in the water. Everyone had purple lips by the end of the day. Except for Rebecca and I, who had salty lips from eating all the pita chips and hummus.

Another day at the beach (much warmer this time):


Cyra and Harper are good friends now because they have discovered that they are a lot alike. Harper is like the sister Cyra wishes she had. She's organized, listens to her, lets her hold her hand and follows her directions. They also like their lunch neat, on a plate, and in the shade. As opposed to:





















And this is Lucia's new face:


I am sure the picture doesn't come close to capturing the whole look. Whenever Lucia is embarrassed or in a slightly uncomfortable position, she does this pursed lip, downward glance, head-tilt sort of look and just walks away. For example, if she grabs someone else's legs thinking it's me or Jared and she realized that it's not, she does this little prideful look and walks away as though she is above the whole situation and just would rather not look you in the eye.



And then, she's over it.





This plane flew by with this message: "Free Iran." Amen.

8 comments:

Emily said...

The other day at the park Ruby decided that she wanted to make 'sand angels' and I think after two washes there was still in there, and I can imagine that she same was true for your girls. She and Cyra are going to have some fun. I can't wait for some beach days!!

familia Bybaran said...

The next day at church when I went to pick up Lulu from the nursery, her teacher, Rubi, asked me if we had gone to the beach. I wondered if she had noticed my tan or perhaps Lulu had come out with some new words, but nope - she said she noticed the sand still in Lulu's hair. Oops.

Brecken said...

I wish you could bring your girls with you to California. They are adorable. I love the beach with kids.

Sunny said...

I am going to pilfer some of your fabulous photographs. Excellent work with the camera, Mehrsa.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Beautiful pictures and fun memories! Your girls are just dolls! So fun to have beach summer fun.

alexandra said...

Your little girls are just so so cute. I can't get over it. I love the yoga poses, and I love Lulu's reaction to baby embarrassment. They are so precious.

Chelsea said...

I love seeing pictures of your parents, they are so cute. And I love Cyra's need for tidy eating and tidy friends. Lucia is rocking her world...

Trisha said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Love the sand in the hair at nursery...too funny!