Monday, July 13, 2009

4th of July



The above was made by Marc and not at all ironically. It was delicious. We camped in Goshen in the backyard and by "we," I mean the Smylies and the Wilsons and Jared and Cyra. I slept inside the house because it was 40 feet away, there was a bathroom, we only have a two-man tent, and because Lucia needs her space (as do I).



Then, we went to West Point to watch the fireworks.





And the kids fought over this chair, which was not ours, the whole night.





And if I have not documented it before, this is how Lucia eats. She puts as much of whatever she is eating in her mouth and then tries to figure out how to chew and digest it. Sometimes she has to take it out and put it back in several times before it goes down completely.











The kids were really into the fireworks. Lucia was a bit terrified (why wouldn't you be?), but also interested.

Happy belated Independence Day everyone!

6 comments:

Sunny said...

Do I require the caveat "not at all ironically" whenever I do something genuinely?

I haven't seen many better pictures of Lucia.

Marc

Brecken said...

What a fun weekend. By the way, great pic of you with your friends...I thought to myself, she's gorgeous..and super smart. Not fair!

buchanancasa said...

I think your girls are looking even more alike. I had to do a double-take of the shot in the green kiddie chair; I thought it was Cyra at first. And Lucia eating: just like Sarah. Good thing for the gag reflex. Sarah was also terrified of the fireworks; wouldn't even sit facing forward. Occasionally peeked over her shoulder. I think her nail marks are still in my arm. Looks like you guys are having a fun summer!

Rebecca Smylie said...

First, I wish we had taken some of those cool glow stick pictures. Second, I checked every link you put in here because I'm on to you and how funny you can be with links. Sure enough, the duck pic had me laughing out loud. Know that it was the best Fourth I've had in a long, long time.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Love all the pictures and stories. West Point is a great place to spend the 4th!

Jodi said...

Gosh! I just can't get enough of your kids! They are ADORABLE!