Monday, May 09, 2011

Happy Noruz!

We celebrated the Iranian new year this year with the family and then with some friends. Here are the pictures:

We made Haji Firooz cookies.







We had a haft sin:



I'm really proud of my sabzeh this year:



And the hyacinth made our house smell nice for a few weeks.

Some food:




Giving out dollars to the kids:






I love that the kids are old enough to get excited about noruz. We read books about it all week and they were really into it. The entire next week, Cyra watched a Rick Steve's travel guide to Iran that was an hour long. She watched it almost every day.

5 comments:

Rebecca Smylie said...

That is a really good sabzeh. Way to go. And what a haft sin!!! Those Haji Firooz cookies look so good. Hyacinth!!!!!

Unknown said...

oops, I guess Pete is signed in. It's Hediyeh though, although Pete was impressed with your sabzeh too.

Unknown said...

Wow, your sabzeh put mine to shame. I'll show you pictures. Where did you find that cookie cutter?

Alia said...

So glad you're using the cookbook, are you using the cookbook? Next year, can you please send me a reminder about Noruz? We don't have any Persians in Hawaii. Kind of a problem I don't know how to remedy.

love,
alia

mahya said...

very nice...good job mehrsa...I proud to you for keep our traditions alive...every body love noruz :)...I love haft sin specially sabze :D