Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blankie Tutelage

So Cyra has had a little red octopus basically since birth that she carries with her everywhere and sleeps with. It's been lost twice and replaced via Ebay.

Anyway, we couldn't find it tonight and Cyra was having a hard time falling asleep and I kept giving her different stuffed animals and she kept throwing them off the bed because they were "too hard." I finally gave her a little blanket and told her that Lulu always uses a blanket to sleep so she can just use a blanket. She said fine and I left.

Then I left and got to overhear this conversation from the hall:
Cyra: Lulu, how do you sleep with a blankie?
Lulu: You just put it like this...
Cyra: Oh, so first you put it on your pillow? Is that it?
Lulu: yeah, like this.
Cyra: So do you fold it first before you put it on the pillow?
Lulu: Uh huh...

Silence...

Cyra: Thanks for telling me that, Lulu.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

That's so sweet! I just love listening to little ones talk! Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca Smylie said...

Maybe Jane can teach Adelaide how to get over her pacifier. Thanks for the tip.

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

Don't you love the conversations we hear that our kids don't know we hear? Some of my greatest parenting joys have come from moments like those. So cute.

Trisha said...

SO cute! I love it.

Kimber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimber said...

Priceless!

Sunny said...

Aw sisters. I wish I could have eavesdropped on this conversation as well. If Margo would hurry up and learn to talk I would be able to listen to some of these hilarious exchanges.

pickygirl said...

that is the MOST wonderful peak into your sweeties' world. My day is happy and sparkly today, thank you!