Monday, March 01, 2010

Winter Games 2010



We had a major storm and got tons of snow. Jared took the girls out and his shovel and made a legitimate snow cave. And the girls, who completely trust their dad, got inside.





And then they slid down it.





Eating snowflakes.



Thinking...



Winter inside games:



Making robots.

At first, Lulu was terrified of this thing and then she got really into it and started talking in a robot voice for a week: "I'm a yobot"



We also get fancy and color. Lulu is still really into the "Dress on! Shoes on!" phase. The rest of us wear sweatshirt and sweatpants around the house (some of us even wear sweatpants outside because that is all that fits some of us), but lulu doesn't seem to mind the cold.

I hope we survive this winter. I always begin to doubt whether I will right around now. March is a long month.

5 comments:

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Love the "wobot!"

And did I catch a reference that wearing sweatpants in public is apparently not acceptable? If so, I'm going to have to seriously rethink 97% of my weekend...

Sara said...

After many episodes of "What Not to Wear" I still wear my sweatpants out of the house, knowing I am a fashion offense, but secretly hoping I'm being filmed for the show and the $5000 new wardrobe. Anyone can feel free to nominate me.

We love the snow cave!! We want one!! And, the boys are making plans right now for their own robots. Love the pictures.

buchanancasa said...

Thank goodness for dads willing to build snowcaves. You couldn't pay me to cram myself into one of those. And cardboard, oh beloved cardboard, you save the winter days.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I second the "Thank goodness for dads" who want to play in the snow with the kids! Love the robot, very creative. I also love Lulu's "dress on, shoes on". These kids always have their own ideas. I want Pepper to be the little girl who loves dresses and pretty shoes and I just know she'll be the barefoot girl who hates getting her hair done:) Can't wait to see your beautiful family in a couple weeks!

Hula Girl said...

lu lu is wearing my dress! you have lots of snow i am wearing shorts and was just playing outside! can't wait til you come!
love tiare :)