Monday, January 18, 2010

Conversation with Cyra about Martin Luther King

Cyra: Mom, look, I colored a picture of Martin Luther King. I drew him in pink and purple.
Me: Oh, tell me who that is.
Cyra: He died and he was resurrected and then he had a dream that he went to the beach.
Me: And then what happened?
Cyra: And then he dreamed that they killed him.
Me: Why did people like him?
Cyra: Because they were afraid he was going to kill them.
Me: (explaining that he was a Black civil rights leader and he wanted everyone to love each other).
Cyra: (excited) Yeah! We're Black people!
Lulu: (overhearing our conversation) I want blackberries. I want blackberries.

15 comments:

Doug said...

Too funny!

Sara said...

I seem to remember having almost that same conversation a few years ago :)

rusted sun said...

So funny. I love it.

Jordan and Candice said...

This is hilarious. I'll never forget the conversation I had with Cyra in Primary when she told me that she spent the night in jail.

Hula Girl said...

that is so funny ! I love that he had a dream about the beach , and the blackberries! can't wait till you come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Likely said...

HA HA!!! I love overhearing little conversations. I love the way their little minds work and think....

so cute.

scott and linds said...

haha- oh i'm laughing so hard right now. How are you guys? I like reading your blog and seeing what you guys are up to. It looks like your girls are really growing up. They are so cute. We'll be back in Feb, so hope to see you soon! ;)

rubi said...

we love your kids.

Brecken said...

So funny! I love conversations like that. They are priceless.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

That was hysterical! I love Lulu's contribution to the important conversation and Cyra's take on civil rights. So great!

Jodi said...

Hilarious! Gosh! What are you teaching your kids?:) Hee hee

mahya said...

I love lucia :)))))

noelle regina said...

re: Cyra's last exclamation ...

i love how she's really identifying with her neighborhood.

maybe one day you'll come out here and i can play with your kids again.

Angelique said...

Congrats on the third little babe on its way! Can't wait to see/hear her funny contributions to the blog posts.

Likely said...

HA HA!! I love how their little minds work. This is so funny. and I think the blackberries comment was just as funny as the MLK one :)