Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer Misc.



Lucia loves to hang on the gate and throw things out. Like keys, watches, etc.






Yes, she's drinking the water. I told her to stop.



At toys r' us in Times Square playing with the trains. Lucia was obsessed.





Snacks inside the planter.



Disaster at the zoo:



While this picture cannot accurately describe what a disaster taking the kids to the bronx zoo was on a Wednesday, it does show that I have resorted to matching outfits for the girls so as to avoid the fights in the morning about what they would both like to wear.





Riding the Ferris Wheel inside a Barbi car, which Jared convinced the kids was not actually a barbi car, but just a shopping car.



Sitting in the players' chairs at MSG watching some of our friends play a game.





Cucumbers in Goshen.





Cyra loves cucumbers. She just picks them out of the garden and eats them just like that.



She also likes brownie mix.

10 comments:

Jordan and Candice said...

I think matching clothes is what made my sister and I become best friends. Stop fighting over clothes=friends.

Good choice.

Brecken said...

your girls are adorable! Cyra seems like she keepsyou on your toes. Hope you are doing great!

buchanancasa said...

I can't believe they're already fighting about clothes. Eliza hasn't cared about her clothes until this year, 1st grade! Sarah, on the other hand... And I love how euphoric Cyra is about her cucumber. And I hate when they drink the splash park water--bring on the diarrhea. And I love Jared and his trickster ways about the Barbie car. The other day I said a bad word under my breath in front of Elle (I'd never done that before) and I managed to convince her that it was this completely different word that had some weird convoluted meaning. And then that night I confessed to her that yes, I did say a bad word and yes, I did lie to her about it. Double whammy.

Rebecca Smylie said...

interesting theory Candice. My sister and I always fought over clothes. As in, we always fought over her clothes that I wanted to wear. She actually charged me fifty cents per article of clothing of hers she found me in. This was also bad on our relationship--because it ticked her off that some days I would just hand her 2.50 and then steal her boyfriends because I looked so hot in my outfit.

To this day we don't speak to each other.

Amberli said...

i love all the pictures. darek almost came down for the MSG b-bal game. he was quite jealous to miss out playing there!

CHelsea said...

I love the expression on Lucia's face in the second picture.

Also, the zoo is always a disaster! I've actually decided that I hate the zoo and never want to go there again.

Trisha said...

Cyra has a great balanced diet...good thing she got some chocolate in there! I love gardens because kids really do eat the vegetables right out of the garden. Great pictures!

Shauna Brown said...

Have I told you how much I love them??!! Bradli and Lucia would be trouble together. Bradli would sooo join Lucia drinking from the "fountain of youth" or dirty street water. They kill me!

alexandra said...

I try to avoid the zoo in summer. heat + wild animals in cages + tiny kids do not mix well with me.

i love those photos of the girls in goshen. life seems so idyllic there!

shayna said...

scroll with me up to the first picture of Lulu in her diaper in the fountain. What the? That facial expression is amazing. I've laughed over and over looking at that picture.