Monday, August 11, 2008


















I love the Olympics! I love the over-dramatic music. I love the sappy stories about the athletes overcoming against all odds. I love the national pride and the drive to win. I love the cheesy commercials and the Visa one with Morgan Freeman saying "when they succeed, we succeed" chokes me up every time. I love the stars--the winners--like Michael Phelps and Sean Johnson (no surprises, just effortless success). But I also love the underdogs and the small countries that send their one athlete who will probably not even come close to getting a single medal.

Cyra and I have been watching all the events at night and when I need to take a bathroom break, I have an urge to do flips on the way to the bathroom. And when I work out in the morning, I hear the olympics music and I try to go faster on my elliptical as if I am training for something.

And did you see the opening ceremonies? My goodness! Is it me or was China just showing off about their unlimited resources and talent? Regardless, I was totally impressed.

12 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm with ya. Tear in my eye every time I watch...

Leslie said...

i can't imagine NOT being totally into the olympics. it's one of my fondest memories from when i was little, esp. when they were in Los Angeles, my own backyard, when I was 7. we love it!! go phelps! :)

buchanancasa said...

Yeah, I cry at that commercial where that athlete hurt his leg and Morgan Freeman says "he and his father finished." Did you watch that incredible swimming relay last night? Ash could not believe it; it's impossible to gain that kind of distance in the water, it was amazing.

Rebecca Smylie said...

Amen. REALLY wishing we had a tv these next two weeks.

Aaron said...

We have been glued to our television. I just can't help it. I find myself crying like crazy at the silliest things.

E.F.G. said...

hear, hear! the olympics speak to the inner athlete in all of us...i'm thinking of taking up beach volleyball. and might i just ask, when did the US's men's gymnastic team become so handsome! whoa.

The Gainors said...

couldn't agree more. and did you see women's handball? i think i missed my calling in life.

Shauna Brown said...

Love, love, love the Olympics!! I know, I'm the biggest blogger slacker ever, but I still love you. I have been dying over your posts. My favorite is about the gun that Cyra has loaded and pointing at her innocent sweaty sis- love it!! Love the purple pool and ALL the pics!! When were you in CA? We need to plan a trip to be there at the same time. BTW, so not true about me at the blessing- excuse me miss hot and tan and weighs 14 lbs.- you are HOT baby!

Trisha said...

Can't agree more...love the stories, the swimming especially, and I can't seem to turn off the tv. It's too great!

The Jensen's said...

Since you are a way better blogger then your sister I would love it if you could keep alittle update on the happenings on the Robison Clan.
Kristen
PS too cute kiddos

mahya said...

I Love the olympics too...but Iranian athletes didn't get any medal yet,its so bad.
Phelps is an invincible swimmer...my mom saw all his competition,because she learned swimming 4 months ago :D she love swimming.
take care
love :*
mahya

shayna said...

I just got the chills reading your entry. I feel the same way.