Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The March Tease

The only thing predictable about March weather in New York is that there is always a few days in early March where it gets really nice. Everyone puts away their winter clothes, goes outside and starts to think Spring has officially started. Not so. It's a delusion. I have learned to just enjoy those days and expect that it will remain cold and ugly for another month or so (today is in the 40s and it's been raining straight for about 5 days). But oh, last week...was lovely....













For four days straight, we ate a picnic lunch and dinner and stayed in the park all day long.











These are the girls' horses.









These are their stick cell phones. They are talking to Madar and Baba (my parents).





Hide and seek: Lulu and Cyra would take turns hiding behind the tree and closing their eyes:





















Lulu didn't actually eat hers. She said it was "too cold."



Then, the cousins came down and we walked some more downtown. We went to about 5 playgrounds that day.



We were all eating lunch on the steps and I guess Lulu just needed some alone time because she just wandered off and ate her lunch by herself.

Happy March.

9 comments:

shayna said...

I'm pretty sure your kids are the most beautiful children in the world. Where did you find those Sponge Bob Squarepants popsicles? I'm totally jealous.

Allison said...

I agree--they are so beautiful. Maybe you should look into putting them into pageants? Ha, ha, ha, ha.

E.F.G. said...

these pictures are gorgeous--the scenery, the girls, everything! and stick cell phones, is there anything cuter?

you're right about march. and i try to remind myself on days like today (or yesterday, or the day before) but it just won't stick in my brain. my brain is wondering what happened and screaming, "come back sunshine!"

soon enough.

Chelsea said...

March is such a mean month, for sure. We had gorgeous weather for weeks, even at the end of February and I totally forgot that it could get bad again. This week is ALL rain and it was like 38 today. Unacceptable.

Anyway, can you believe you guys are the parents of such cute girls? They are so beyond...

PS - When is that baby coming? I'm waiting!

Leslie said...

that really long slide looks terrifying! glad you had some nice weather, though. those hours spent at the park always make me think how great life is when kids are young and all they want to do is play!

The Gainors said...

what amazing pictures! i hope you have these for them when they are older. hopefully they will remember it all.

Trisha said...

I loved all of the new posts! You have the cutest tummy. I think you are due soon...how are you feeling?

alexandra said...

what a sweet record of some wonderful days. also you don't look 9 months pregnant. (you are making it hard for me to be friends with you!)

Katie said...

Great pictures of the girls! It looks like you will survive March--especially since it's now April :)