Tuesday, September 15, 2009



Shima came for a visit. We went to the Bryant Park Carousel.







Guess what Lucia stuck her straw in and started drinking? Raspberry shake? Juice? Nope.



Ketchup! Cyra and all of us were pretty grossed out, but in her defense, the shake shack burgers were taking a while and ketchup is pretty under-rated as an appetizer.





We took the straw away so she went for the spoon.





With my parents at the Hi-line. My dad was hilarious. They had just gotten back from Africa and he was quick to point out how post-modern and funny the Hi-line was. I mean, they planted weeds on train tracks and spent a lot of money doing it. And there is a movie theater set-up where you just watch the backs of cars.



And please don't be alarmed that I wore this dress the last time we went to the hi-line and for lots of other pictures as well. I really like it. We have been to the place like 6 times and I think I have had this dress on each time. I won't even post the other pictures.





By the river. We had a great visit with Shima and now she's back in Africa. Hopefully, we will make it out there one of these days to visit her.

12 comments:

Sunny said...

Did Cyra take that second-to-last family photo? Or is she lost in all those weed.

When we came home from health-conscious Japan we were waiting in an airport for a connecting flight. We watched an overweight American man squirt an entire package of ketchup into his mouth in between bites of his McDonald's french fries. It still makes me cringe to think about it. So does watching Lulu sip it from a straw.

Brecken said...

What a fun day with your family. It makes me want to visit NYC soon! I love Bryant Park. BTW, I was thinking through your entire blog that I love the dress you were wearing and was thinking you need to tell me where you got it!!!! So, no need for apologies. It's super cute.

Anonymous said...

I was so relieved to hear it was ketchup. When you said you were at Bryant park, I was afraid she was drinking from the fountain! (Though I can't imagine that you would have been taking pictures . . . .)
-Jess

alexandra said...

what beautiful sisters you guys are! I don't think I could take the pressure of being around all three of you at once. Just sitting next to Shima in law school was bad enough. I love your dress, too (where did you get it?). And to add one more horrifyingly worshipful comment, I think it is hilarious that your family conversations are about the post-modernism of the architecture of certain areas of NY. I guess I should expect nothing less from familia braniac.

Chelsea said...

Mehrs, can you believe how pretty your family is? I mean, seriously. The picture of you with your sisters by the fountain is so beautiful. I want to take pictures of the three of you sometime - good ones.

Also, I like Jared's shorn hair. He looks good. And the girls are as cute as ever. And your parents are so handsome. This post was total eye candy.

Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness, I didn't even notice Hediyeh's beau! He's adorable. And I love her sandals and your dress, etc.

The Gainors said...

chelsea kind of sounds like she's stalking you. i was gonna say, where's darius? whistler? already? awesome to have the family all together. i want you to put all the pictures you have of you in that dress on one posting.

Sara said...

I am a fan of Jared's hair. And, your dress.

Beck said...

My goodness! Could your family be any more good looking?? I can hardly stand it. I love the dress too. I'd wear it every day if I was your kind of skinny.

Tiffany said...

I love your dress! I need one! Where can I get one? I'd wear it everyday too.

Rebecca Smylie said...

Wait a minute--is Shima wearing your folk festival skirt? Did she know the stipulations? You told her right? Because I'm pretty sure she's also wearing shoes in those pictures...

Marisa said...

Your family is just beautiful! Oh and I love the dress and I LOVE your haircut. If I didn't have a total double chin, I would copy you for sure.