Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Things

So, I tag myself to write 25 things about Lucia.


1. She expresses love by coming right up to your face and just yelling at you (with a smile). You express it back by yelling too.

2. She wakes up at 11:30am every day (and goes to bed around 9pm)--and takes a 3 hour nap.

3. Just today, she put her hand in the toilet, walked around with a garbage can on her head, spilled 2 cups of juice, took out all her clothes from the drawers, got into paper clips and spread them all over the room, spilled the veggies she didn't want all over her high chair and started pounding on them with her hands, got some colored tabs and took out each one, took out all the pots from the cupboard, took out all my clothes from my drawers before she woke up......because...

4. She still sleeps in my closet. We tried to move her up to her own room, but she was up all night.

5. Every morning when I get her, there are several of my clothes in her bed with her. Always the same bright-colored ones. And they always smell. (no offense, Lulu).

6. She gets so excited when dad comes home and sometimes she works herself up so much that she starts crying.

7. She never hits or hits back or gets angry. Her emotions are extreme though: Extreme happiness; Extreme frustration; or just extreme loudness.

8. She laughs when she farts.


9. She opens her mouth wide for kisses.

10. She does everything passionately.

11. She loves to be thrown around and hung upside down.

12. She plays hide and seek with me every morning.

13. When she eats, she puts everything in front of her in her mouth. I have to give her one thing at a time to prevent this.

14. If she has something in her mouth and you give her something else to eat or drink, she spits out that thing and grabs the other thing you give her, even if it's the same exact thing.

15. The adjective we use most to describe her is: "Crazy."

16. When people ask Cyra about Lulu. Cyra's response is always: "She sticks her bumbum in the air." I have no idea why. And then she says: "Is that funny?"

17. Lulu loves to watch Jon Stewart on the computer with me. (She also loves Barack Obama--just kidding. I have no idea what her political views are).

18. I worry about her being a teenager.

19. The only time she will cuddle is when she's sick or really really tired.

20. Whenever she bonks her head or falls, she just laughs and rubs the hurt part and walks off. Unless it's a really bad fall. Then, she cries for a bit until you show her something interesting.

21. Her favorite person in the world is my mom and when I try to take her away when my mom is holding her, she gives me a dirty look and swats me away.


22. Her favorite place is our bathroom. She just goes in there and sits down and if I don't come in there quickly, she plays with the plungers. (I know, gross.)



'

23. Changing her diaper is impossible. I have to hold both of her feet really tight and also hold down her hands while she flips a few times and tries to pull wipes out furiously.

24. She has so much hair that I am worried she will resemble Blagojevich when she grows up. Though I am sure she will be much more ethical.

25. My favorite part of the day is when Cyra and I go to get Lulu out of bed. She gets so excited and tries to climb out of her crib and just yells out of sheer excitement.

16 comments:

naomi megan. said...

i don't think i'll ever read anything better than this. absolutely adorable. little lulu and cyra are beautiful.

Marci + Dan said...

I love this post. And we love Lulu. And Cyra too.

noelle regina said...

im laughing out loud - only because my limited time with lucia validates of all of your points.

my adjective: bold (i mean she went straight for the feared luci cat, whilst he was eating and latched onto the tail ... that's nerves of steal right there!)

Beck said...

Boy I wish we lived closer! James would love to see all of the activity that Lulu involves herself with. What a gal!

Hula Girl said...

Oh little Lula we love her so much! Seriously, that is why we had to get a puppy--because we missed her so much that we needed something cute and fun to be with!

Amberli said...

this is such a great post. she is the cutest little girl ever, her and her big sister that is. i love that she is so wild and crazy and loves messiness and so darling all at the same time.

Trisha said...

So sweet! I can't believe she sleeps so much. How did you get so lucky?

Amber Henrie said...

Sounds like shes a very busy bee when she is awake. She is really sweet, beautiful (just like Cyra), and so fun to watch at church.

Laura Marie said...

Aww this whole blog is so cute!! ... your daughter is adorable! ... you're very lucky. :)

<3

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

That was such a great post. I see why you love this child! I still remember her huge wide mouth grins, there is nothing cuter in the world!

Katie said...

Ok, I've read this post twice now because I love it so much. Lulu is a doll. Her personality just oozes out of her. I'm in awe though of her sleep schedule. Does she offer sleep training courses for other babies?

The Gainors said...

i think sleeping in till 11:30 should be number 1. amazing. i wonder if you had a boy if he would be as pretty as those 2 girls. probably. i remember how pretty darius was- those lashes.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud that you said you don't know what your one year old's political views are. That is awesome. She sure is a cutie (as is Cyra, loved having her in primary today.)

Oliver & Margy said...

These are so cute and she will absolutely love/cringe at this list when she is older. I love that she laughs when she farts.

robaran said...

This is the best post ever. The pictures you chose are so Lulu! I miss that girl. Props on paying special attention to the second child. I approve.

S.A.S. said...

What a fantastic person to have around. Nothing to make you baby hungry like a bright young mother talking about a baby named Lulu's antics. She is absolutely adorable Mehrsa.