Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day at the park



The above picture demonstrates the difference between my two little girls. When we get to the park:

Cyra--stays with mommy; has a snack; tries to stay clean.
Lucia--goes into the nearest dirt pile head first. Is she doing down-dog or just trying to make sure she gets enough dirt in her hair?



Is she tenderly holding this baby doll's head or trying to find a way to dislodge it? Whatever it is, it requires focus.



And Cyra makes a friend with a cute little girl that looks a lot like Cyra. And note her silent distress as this little girl takes her horn. I think in her mind, Cyra thinks that she is hiding her annoyance.



Just look at those lips. Now another predatory "friend" has taken her other toy so notice how Cyra is sitting on top of the rest just to ward off other invaders.



And don't worry about Lulu's dirty hand trying to take the camera.







I wish I could communicate rage the way Cyra does with her eyes. It might come in handy some day. The cute little girl to whom the crusty look is directed seems not to care. I'm glad.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Ohhhh goodness. That is so funny! I love that she is sitting on her toys.

Jade said...

haha! That is so awesome. I love that you caught that with your camera.

Leslie said...

seriously, if looks could kill! those pictures are hilarious. nice camera work, mama.

E.F.G. said...

love that you didn't intercede on her behalf (at least not right away). it probably builds character. did you sanitize that horn?

Marci + Dan said...

Ha! What a great lil documentary. VERY expressive eyes.

Spencer said...

Nana said, "I see her mean face. Where is her happy face?"

Anonymous said...

I love this sequence. What a great thing to have captured on camera.

Sister Abby Bowler said...

Her little face is hysterical! I love how kids have so much personality packed into their tiny bodies!