Thursday, June 26, 2008

Weekend in Montauk

Dear Friends in California:



We, too, have beaches. And we can visit them anytime we want in the two to three weeks that the weather permits.



And everyone's purple lips and goosebumps just means that they are really really enjoying the "refreshing" water.

No, seriously. The water was freezing cold and I probably should have packed my down jacket for night-time. But I do love summer in the Hamptons.



That doll that Cyra is holding was given to her by a nice homeless lady on 125th street. Apparently she had just won it from a vending machine and really wanted to give it to Cyra. I have to say that I was a little worried at first, but Cyra was so happy and the lady was really nice so we thanked her and took the doll. May that kind lady never know what happened to it. Shortly after these pictures were taken, the doll's head was severed and it's insides spilled all over our car. I guess those vending machine dolls can't take a beating from a two year old.







On the beach with Lucia (while the others were battling hypothermia in the Arctic waters.





Eating a nice handful of sand.



The sunscreen ritual (that I have to watch from a safe distance because I am allergic):






5 comments:

Leslie said...

you have the cutest baby! she's always so smiley, i love it.

Oliver & Margy said...

Allergic to sunscreen? I never even knew that was possible. Hooray for eating sand, freezing at the beach, and summertime.

Chelsea said...

Great pictures, great commentary. You crack me up. Such a great picture of Lucia in the high chair. She's a hoot.

Kelley said...

You just HAD to post pics from the Hamptons, didn't you, knowing full well that I didn't get to go this year...I am consumed by jealousy, M.

Likely said...

The water is so cold and the sand is so rocky! The beaches are definitely different out here.

Some random lady bought max a "dora" ball from the dollar store the other day. Max doesn't know how Dora is and he has enough balls. When the lady left I asked he if I could trade it for something else. Awful huh?