Tuesday, May 06, 2008

My little girls



As I mentioned before, Cyra is potty trained. We have had several accidents, but it's all part of the fun. One of the accidents happened when Cyra just walked up to the toilet and said "I want to do it like Kian" and just peed on the floor. Then we had to explain that peeing standing up is one of the very few things that boys can do that girls cannot.

Cyra is hilarious these days. We are definitely having some little battling of the wills, but I just need some more time to break hers (Just kidding). She wins some and I win some and I think the score is a little more in my favor and I am learning to pick my battles.

Things Cyra does not like: jackets, shoes, pull-ups (has to wear underwear), sitting in the high chair (she eats all her meals on a step-ladder in the kitchen); hot food, and sometimes the baby.

Things Cyra loves: her dad, wearing jeans, having FHE lessons, playing ring around the baby, reading books, counting in Spanish (like Dora), singing songs, picking her toes (she loves to just sit there and pick lint from her toes), orange juice, and sometimes the baby.

Speaking of the baby...











Seriously, a little angel. So happy all the time. She smiles every time you look in her direction and kicks her legs and flaps her arms when you get near her.

15 comments:

E.F.G. said...

oh my gosh! your cute girls--we should all be as happy as lucia. harlem would be better place.

Sunny said...

Busy. Cute. Nuff said.

buchanancasa said...

I love that last shot of Lucia; she seems to be excited all of the time. Congrats on the potty training! It's been rough with Micah--he just sort of picks and chooses when he would like to use the potty and when his underwear is just fine. Any secrets? Yes, picking my battles has become my mantra for surviving parenthood. :)

Trisha said...

What a cute little Lucia! She seriously is SO photogenic! What a cutie...

Chelsea said...

Cute haircut! She is so precious, Mehrs. And I love Cyra's antics. Hilarious.

nyc_ransoms said...

I love the story about her wanting to pee like Kian! so cute. I'm sure I have that conversation in my future. The girls are so cute. I love Lucia's enthusiasm for life!

Aaron said...

aaron and I ditched eli for 2 weeks with my mom and went to europe. during that time my mom potty trained him. I highly recommend this method of potty training.

Sister Abby Bowler said...

Oh I could just eat that little Lucia right up! She is darling! And big sis is pretty cute, too--and potty trained--way to go!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Baby is sooooooooo cute. She looks like Miss personality plus. What fun! Is that your place in the background? It looks too big to be in NYC.

Amberli said...

such beautiful little girls, just like their mama. i hope you had a happy mother's day!

Oliver & Margy said...

I love these little faces and personalities! What fun and cute kids. Potty training stories are so classic...

The Gainors said...

that smile is unreal. i'm so glad that Cyra is giving you a little sass. i have to admit she was entirely too well behaved when i was there and i wished it on you. love you.

Kelley said...

Fun update! Uh, what happened to your baby--she's, like, sitting up now. Big girl...

nikki said...

I love your kids... Lucia just makes my day and I hope that John Henry likes to smile as much as she does :)

nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.