Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Girls weekend

So this past weekend, a bunch of my good friends from college came to New York and stayed with us. It was so much fun. It was a 10-year reunion/ 30th birthday trip for the girls. We stayed up every night and ate slumber party food and talked and did a lot of sight-seeing and shopping etc. A lot of amazing husbands and moms and friends made this trip possible so thank you. Especially Jared who had to turn on white noise in the bedroom every night and put in his headphones so he could get some rest. One night I went up there and he was so hungry, but afraid to come downstairs because we were having some great "girl" conversation. So I threw him a granola bar. It was great for me to play tourist in New York for the weekend. The best part of the trip for me was the conversation. It's just amazing to catch up with great friends and learn from them and of course, remember fun times from John Hall, BYU. I am not sure who enjoyed the visit more, me or Cyra. Cyra stayed up with us every night and just listened to everyone--like one of the girls. And every morning she woke up (in my closet) and said: "let's go talk to my friends." She misses her friends and so do I.









7 comments:

Allison said...

Such cute girls. I'm a little heartbroken that I couldn't make it. I'm really glad you guys had a good time, though.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I think that we need a mission get-together at your house.:)

Aaron said...

It looks like so much fun! I don't know how I would be able to cope without a girls weekend every now and again. It is just necessary. Kudos for doing something fun for you.

buchanancasa said...

That is so cool that you have a tight-knit group from college. Looks like a great time. I'm also glad you're on GoodReads, it's fun.

The Gainors said...

thanks again mehrsa- you truly were the most amazing hostess!

Shauna Brown said...

How about next weekend? I mean, I did get a free plane ticket! Oh poor Jared. We soooo owe him one!

Kelley said...

So fun. I only recognize Amberli and Joanna, and I have to know...did Joanna marry TAD?