Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow

That's what welcomed us back today in New York. It's better than the fore-casted "Wintery Mix," which is the worst kind of weather. It's very cold and Cyra is devasted that her daddy had to go back to work (she calls him My daddy--she's quite possessive). Also, she keeps wanting to go outside and looking for lizards on our walls. The flight back was challenging and we stayed a night in a Hong Kong, which was nice. The last few hours of the flight, Cyra put her backpack on and kept saying: I'm ready for go. I want to get off the plane. She didn't care that we were flying over the north pole (literally), she just wanted to get off the plane. I told her it was cold, but she kept saying that she had a jacket and that she just wanted to get off. Anyway, we're back now. Usually, when we are away for a while, there comes a point in the trip when we are ready to come back home. Not this time. We were pretty sad to leave Bali. But we are excited to see our friends and family--but I guess it would be pretty cool if our friends and family were all in Bali.

13 comments:

Sunny said...

Even though it's way past my bedtime I wanted to look again, and say I'm glad you're back. I know you're not. Can't blame you. Fantastic pictures.

Kelley said...

OK, I'm just dying at how cool your trip was. Unbelievable. Welcome home.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Your trip and pictures are amazing! I can see why you didn't want to leave but I'm assuming "sweatball" is happy to be less stinky. Glad to have you back and I can't wait to here all about it in nursery on Sunday!

Marci + Dan said...

Welcome home! Looks like an amazing time.

celeste said...

Wow, your pictures from the trip are so great! Glad you made it back safe and sound.

nikki said...

One more time... I'M SO JEALOUS! Everything about this trip is beautiful and amazing. Glad you are back even if it is still winter here and you will be dreaming of Bali forever...

buchanancasa said...

What a paradise, it looks tough to leave. Hey Mehrsa, I don't think I've ever seen you NOT wearing that necklace. Does it have special significance?

Aaron said...

Glad your back. The Johnson Family would love to accompany you on your next adventure to Bali.

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

You must lose some of that fabulous tan before I see you in March or I will probably strangle you out of jealousy! What a great trip! Oh, and can I have that turquoise and red dress you are wearing when your hair is blowing crazy - I LOVE it!

Shauna Brown said...

So I have been MIA and I look at your blog and are you kidding me- Bali for a month?!!! Can you say so jealous, I don't even have the words to explain it!!! Here are a few questions:

#1- Bali? What made you decide to go there? I want to go sooo bad. What's this girls trip in NYC, why not Bali??

#2- Love your hair and your incredible tan! By the way, did you have that baby because I think you are as big as my pinky!

#3- Could your family be any cuter?? Seriously!!! I loved the pic of your mode of transportation- classic!

#4- Cyra is so Dora and I love sweatball- that is Jaden to a T. His car seat is stained from sweating- I know, real lovely!

#5- Lose that tan before I see you in NYC. I'm beyond nasty white- sick!

Likely said...

I am depressed for you. yucky blucky wintery east coast vs. Bali.

I can't wait to talk to you more about it in a couple weeks.

Amberli said...

you're pictures are so pretty and you are the hottest chicky ever!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

What a trip of a lifetime. That seems to be the kind of thing we ALL dream about but FEW of us actually do. Way to go. Would love to hear more about it.