Sunday, December 09, 2007

I broke my foot.



I was running because I was late to see Barack Obama at the Apollo and I tripped on the sidewalk and broke my foot. I still went and it was wonderful. Chris Rock and Cornell West were there and it was great to hear Barack Obama. My broken foot was a small sacrifice.

And then I spent 5 hours in the Cornell Hospital emergency room. It was terrible. I just needed a 5 minute ex-ray and a cast and it took forever to get seen. There were all sorts of crazy people there. I hope that never happens again. What's even crazier is trying to deal with a newborn and a toddler with a broken foot. Thank goodness for online grocery and Christmas shopping.

6 comments:

Kelley said...

Oh my gosh, CRAZY! That is terrible. Hope you're feeling OK...

celeste said...

Wow, what a story. I hope you heal quickly!

Shauna Brown said...

NOOOOOOOOO!! Maybe I'm selfish but it better heal by March! Poor thing! Hope you're feeling better!

E.F.G. said...

did you forget the pain while listening to barack? incredible. hope you heal quickly:)

Aaron said...

I am sooooo sorry. What a pain! Being able to listen to Barack is priceless. Wish he would come to Idaho. What are the chances do you think? ;)

Aaron said...

In the words of Napoleon Dynamite, "Lucky!" (not that you broke your foot and Jared left you to fend for yourself with the two little ones, but that you got to see Barack)
Aaron