Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas in Phoenix













Jared's Mom and Grandma.





Cyra was the perfect age for Christmas. She was so excited about everything. She was more excited about the Elmo wrapping paper than most of the presents. We could have stopped after one and she would have been content. After her birthday, I put away all the presents and would just bring them out about once a week so now Cyra just expects presents all the time. Sometimes she will just ask me for a present randomly so I went to the Dollar store and got a stock of presents to give her when she is good or just when she needs to feel special. The good thing is that I can give her a pencil and as long as I call it a present, she get's so excited. She covers her mouth and gets excited and says: Oh my goodness!









3 comments:

Aaron said...

I love that you give her little presents all year round. Kids enjoy the excitement of opening something special way more than they do playing with it. I am thinking of a new plan that involves repackaging old toys and giving them again and again. "No honey, you don't have that Island Princess Barbie. This grungy, crazy-haired doll is your new Island Princess Barbie. Happy Birthday!" I could save MILLIONS!

Kelley said...

OK, I am loving Cyra's new 'do. She is looking so adorable.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Cyra looks a lot older- she is beautiful. Isaac is 6 and still loves anything called a present. Things like this are pricless. We have also started having family parties. The kids go crazy about this. We need just one of the following: popcorn, ice cream, soda, game, or a movie. Did it feel very Christmasy being in Arizona? I think I have always been in a cold climate for the big day.